How To Cleverly Secure Your Home Against Intruders
Burglary is one of the most common crimes. Every year, there is a burglary committed every fifteen seconds. If it happens to you or at your house, you lose more than a few possessions. Whether you are present at home or not, a break in has a major impact on your and your family’s sense of security and safety.
After coming from wonderful vacations, no homeowner wants to find his home has been burglarized. There are a number of safety and security measures that you can take to protect your home from intruders and burglars and make your house burglary resistant. Here are a few essential tips that you can use to keep your family safe and secure from break in.
- Invest in home security system: As a homeowner, you should have some form of home security system, whether it is a basic camera installation or a fully monitored smart system. Figure out the needs of your area and select a system you are comfortable with. Some security system to consider include motion sensors for windows & doors, alarm, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide.
- Install motion sensors: If you have outdoor spaces, you need to consider installing motion sensors. These sensors turn on a light when someone moves close. Think about to adding sensors by any entryways like garages, decks and porches. Make sure the light is bright enough to draw attention to anyone attempting to enter the home.
- Replace old locks: High quality and digital locks are a worthwhile investment as a deterrent for robberies. Modern locks are very hard to break and biometric locks require finger prints or pin code to open the door. Your door lock should be strong enough that no one can break it down.
- Put away the hidden keys: Most of the people have a habit to hide their extra house keys under the door mat or behind the flower pot. Get the hidden key and put it somewhere safe inside the home. If you will be away, there is no reason for a hidden key to be outside. Most of the intruders know that homeowners will hide their keys under the welcome mat.
- Do not advertise on social media: Never post on Instagram, Facebook or other social media channels that you are leaving for a vacation. It is good to avoid posting pictures on your social media account, while you are still away. Internet safety is extremely important as many intruders learn about their potential victim through social media.
- Add foreboding signs: Posting a few security signs or window sticks near all entryways is a good idea to protect your house from burglars and intruders. If you have a few signs like beware of dogs, put them up.
Home security is one of the most important aspects for every homeowner. The security of your residential property is crucial, because it provides you safety and security against burglary. If you want to know more about its home security, feel free to call us.