How To Deal With An Emergency Lockout Situation?
Lockouts are the most frustrating and devastating experiences that can occur anytime. The common reason behind being locked out is lost or misplaced keys. Standing out of one’s own house that too during a cold night is stressful. Its important to know how to deal with such a situation, so that one can get inside his home as soon as possible is crucial.
Many times, an individual forgets to carry his home keys while leaving from office and falls victim to a residential lockout. If you are currently having access to a spare, you can easily get inside your place. In case, you aren’t having a duplicate key then you have to call an emergency locksmith in Edmonton.
Few things to follow during emergency lockouts are:
- Keep calm: The foremost thing to do while dealing with a lockout is to remain calm and avoid panic. Instead of shouting out for help, its better to take a deep breath and look for any unbolted doors or windows. By roaming or shouting around, you may alert the intruders about your situation that can risk your security.
- Check your pockets: Carefully look inside your bag, vehicle and pockets for the misplaced keys. If you think that you have forgot your keys in office, instead of losing them on the way, call your colleagues for a crosscheck. Ask them to place the door keys carefully inside your drawer to avoid losing them.
- Access duplicate keys: Almost all lock categories are accompanied with a pair of duplicate keys that helps in preventing lockouts. If you are currently having a spare key, use it to unlock the door lock. Its better to give one of the keys to trusted neighbors and friends to tackle any emergency situation like this one.
- Look for a spare key: If you aren’t having spare keys with you at the moment, try finding them everywhere. Sometimes, homeowners hide an extra key in the exteriors or yard to make sure it can be accessed, whenever needed. Before calling a lock repair technician, search for the spare key under the door mat, in the glower pot or on the roof hangings.
- Call a professional: If you fail to find a spare key, then the ultimate solution for your problem is a locksmith. Search online or ask your friend for the contact number of a trusted locksmith who can help you get inside your property during late night. While placing a call, do tell the company that you need an emergency service with a prompt response.
Lockout emergencies can arise anytime. If you are locked out of your home, office or vehicle, call our experienced locksmiths in Edmonton for quick assistance.